The Riverside Inn is now accepting resumes for the position of Executive Chef. Please see our official listing below.
The Riverside Inn was built 118 years ago on the banks of the Leland River. It is situated between Lake Leelanau and Lake Michigan in the heart of idyllic Leland, Michigan. Located just minutes from historic Fishtown, pristine beaches and hiking trails, and just 30 minutes from the Sleeping Bear National Park, our business booms in summer months when seasonal residents return and tourism is at it's peak. Our restaurant and inn is open approximately May 1-January 15 with a 3 month paid break over the winter months -- a unique opportunity for travel and or staging.
In 2017 we renovated the dining room and bar area, greatly elevating our guest experience. Shortly after, we made necessary improvements to the kitchen, which is now nearly brand new.
We are a from-scratch kitchen with an emphasis on using local products whenever possible. Leelanau County and the greater Northern Michigan region is a hotbed of specialty farmers and artisans producing unique, quality ingredients we are proud to showcase on our menus. We prefer cleaner cooking methods to allow locally sourced ingredients to shine. This requires a mastery of preparation and cooking methods as we don't have heavy sauces to hide behind. This doesn't mean, however, that we don't love our (locally sourced when possible) butter and cream!
Because of our proximity to high quality ingredients, beautiful location and newly renovated interior, we are poised to further elevate our guest experience with the help of an Executive Chef who will lead our team with passion, creativity and consistency.
- Menu writing (menus change frequently – with the seasonal produce/fish/game)
- Event menus
- ** Working the line – this is not a management-only position
- Ordering – from larger firms, but also are many famers & local producers
- Back house budgeting
- Cost controls
What are we seeking:
- A passionate chef and visionary with an innovative and continuous improvement mindset
- Creative, inventive menus utilizing the wealth of incredible ingredients available in our area
- Classical training – not necessarily from a school!
- A respectful team leader, team builder and mentor
- A hunger to grow and further the reputation of The Riverside Inn as a culinary destination
- Annual salary competitive with metro markets
- Health and dental coverage included
- Seasonal cycle well-suited to an annual stage, with certain travel costs for such professional development included
- Bonus system in place
We are taking resumes for this position until March 1st and will begin scheduling on March 4th. Please submit your resume with references to email@example.com. This job begins no later than April 1st.